Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I get so wrapped up in my own needs and wants and fears that I forget all the wonderful things that have happened to me and all the good that is in my life.  This Thanksgiving, I have to take a step back and just be grateful for what I have, in spite of the questions I feel are unanswered.

I continue to let myeslf run on this hamster wheel; never ending, around and around.  I know I have nothing to worry or stress about.  I have a wonderful husband, great friends, amazing family and I am not in want of anything.  What do I really have to fret about?  I am not being persecuted for my religion or ethnicity, I have no fear of rape or murder and I am not going without food or shelter.  God, I have it so good!

I know that I am going to be fine and my life will continue to be well no matter what direction my life goes in, but not everyone is that fortunate.  God bless my husband, because he always keeps me in check in this area of want versus true need.  I am so thankful for him. 

I just have to get over myself and hopefully I am learning how, God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment