Saturday, April 24, 2010

Projects Galore!

With the absence of adoption paperwork in dire need of being done, I have decided to complete a lot of the decorating that still needs to be done here.  Just to forewarn you, this is a picture heavy post but the pictures were not taken with a very nice camera (you've been warned :).

Alright, here is what I have been doing over the last couple of weeks.

When I first started this project I wanted to fill my walls, but had only gotten this far:


One afternoon, Eric and I headed over to St. Vincent DePaul.  This is the most amazing thrift store ever.  I absolutely love going there and could easily spend hours rummaging through the isles.  This particular day I only found one item.  I wall shelf to hold chalk for the chalkboard.  It cost a steep $0.29.  Yep, $0.29.  I never find deals like this so I was super excited.


I decided that, although beautiful as is, I was going to paint it and hopefully make it look old and worn.  Well, I painted it and put "crackle glaze" on it but no crackling.  So its just going to hang 'as is' which is still great!




Eric left for a night and I woke up to that sweet note....awe!

Then, one Sunday Eric's Grandma Johnson gave us a photo.  It was her military photo.  She was a nurse in WWII and met Eric Grandpa through the service.  This is what inspired the wall to fill with photos.  So all the thanks goes to Gma J!  She is coming over tomorrow so I am so happy I was able to get everything done in time for her to see.


The first step to completing this project was to find all of the frames.  Since I wanted all used, vintage frames this wasn't an easy task.  But thankfully a local thrift store, Coat of Many Colors, had a whole bunch and I kind of went crazy.  Every time I go in there he asks if I am looking for frames.  Which I bought three more today ;)

Once I collected enough, they went up on the wall without photos or glass.


Thanks for my wonderful husband and amazing friend, the finishing touches didn't take too long.  I got the photos today and it is complete!  Let me know what you think.





Now it's on to projects of decorating our bedroom and living room.  I will make sure to photograph things as I go.

I hope to see you all on Saturday for our dinner.  I'm looking forward to hanging out and eating good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment