Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade Bangles

I read this blog, Pink Pistachio.  She's super cute, and has a lot of great tutorials.  When I read this one, I went right out and bought fabric.  Cute, cheap and a new jewelry piece, yes please!

So, this is not an original tutorial.  The full and very informative version is here.  Even if you don't want the tutorial, you should check it out.  I highly recommend it.

Anyway, onto how I made my very own fabric bangles.


I bought some cheap jersey fabric from JoAn's.  Bonus, they were having a really great sale and it was all half off.


To make the bangles, you cut your strips of fabric 1-inch wide, the long way.  Cut several pieces of each, since you will probably use more than one for a bracelet (unless you have really small wrists).


The process to actually make the bracelet only involved the fabric and your hand.  I was a little nervous that it was going to be complicated, but once I got started with one, the rest were super simple to make.  I don't have step-by-step pictures, but like I said, Pink Pistachio has a very informative video. 



 And there you have it!  Super simple, super cute, and super cheap.  You really can't beat it.  What I found helpful though, was to count how many times I made a knot, and then I could know exactly how many would fit my wrist.  The first couple are a little big, but once I figured out the number, they were perfect.  Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment