Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar


So, today's the day.  Well, maybe not for many of you, but it is for us.

As some of you may know, my husband owes a film production company.  This means that we watch a lot of movies.  And when I say a lot of movies, I mean more movies than anyone I know.  This also means that we love the Academy Awards.

Before the awards show, our goal is usually to see all of the best pictures nominees.  But since having kids, it's been a lot more difficult to see 9 movies between January 24 and February 26.  This year, we were able to see just five out of the eight nominated: The Tree of Life, The Help, Moneyball, Midnight in Paris and The Artist.


Despite only seeing half of the best picture nominees, I'm pretty stoked for the Oscar party tonight.  Yes, you heard me right.  We have an Oscar party, with prizes and everything.  The prizes go to those individuals who can predict the most correct winners for all categories.  This year I expect it to be a close game, since we are watching it with everyone from Eric's office.  That means there will be about twenty avid film lovers all vying for the win.  I don't really stand a chance, but I still love to play.  It makes watching the more boring categories, like sound mixing or film editing, more interesting.

And just for fun, here is the ballot I filled out for tonights awards.  Come tomorrow morning, we'll know how I did and whether or not I'll regret showing you my predictions.
Do you get into the Academy Awards?  If you do, do you do anything other than watch?  I think my communications professor must really like them.  She is postponing our assignment due date so we don't have to submit homework during the awards show.  So I pretty much have the coolest professor ever.  We're kindred spirits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment