Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fingerprint Success

Today, Eric and I had our appointment for FBI fingerprinting.  I was ultra nervous, which was only heightened by some comments from our adoption support group on Monday.  I was ready to be rejected, to have to wait hours and then have to redo numerous things.  Well, today I showed up 20 minutes early (since I figured it would take all day) only to find that I was one of three people in the building.  My documents and IDs were checked; I filled out a short form and then was fingerprinted.  I was there a whole 25 minutes, which is CRAZY!

I am so excited about the favor we are having with these steps, but don't want to get my hopes up just in case something went wrong or it takes longer than I think. 

But....if everything goes as they say, we should start looking for our baby in the next 6-10 weeks and then we know who they are!  I think that is what I am most excited about.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited to bring our baby home but in an effort to avoid heartbreak I only get excited about the next step.  And in this case, the next step is finding out who our baby is!

Well, there isn't a whole lot of details that come out of fingerprinting.  So this post will be relatively short.  But there will be bigger things coming!  My cousin-friend took a bunch of photos during the fundraiser and I am hoping to post some soon :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment