Thursday, May 13, 2010

Short & Sweet

Surprisingly, there was barely any paperwork needed to change your mind from one kid to two.  All I had to do was contact our social worker and ask that she amend our home study.  This involved changing the details of our child and stating that she still recommends us to adopt.

This isn't a lot of paperwork, but based on the original, I was afraid it would take weeks.  Wonderfully, our social worker completed and mailed the updated home study on Tuesday.  I received it in the mail yesterday and overnighted it to USCIS this afternoon.

I pray that it gets there safe and arrives prior to our I-600A approval.  If it doesn't, then there is more paperwork to do.  But since we were just fingerprinted last week, I don't expect approval for another 3-5 weeks.  I don't know if it will happen, but we expect this change to set us back a little bit on our timeline.  Though, you never know.

That is really the extent of my update or maybe it's just the amount of information my brain is able to contain right now.  School has been taking up most capacity.  But that's a post in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment