Friday, January 28, 2011

Student & Momma

I am nearing the end of my third week of the winter semester, and so far, I am not drowning.  I was a little nervous, because I am taking a higher level math class than I had wanted (and I am a bit mathematically challenged), but this was all that was available.  I had my first exam this week.  I feel like I did okay, but will not find out my grade until Monday or Tuesday.  That should be a true indicator of how I'll do the rest of the semester.  All of the homework is at home, with notes and can be done as many times as you want until you're happy with your grade.  But exams are taken on campus at the testing center, so there are no notes.  Just you, your mechanical pencil and calculator.

I am planning on taking "in seat" classes during the summer semester.  Both my mother and mother-in-law have days free during the summer, so they each are going to watch the boys one day a week while I'm in class.  I am very excited to take something other than an online class.  I have discovered that I don't like online classes.  I learn a lot from the small anecdotes given my professors, but with online classes, you just read a textbook.  I know a lot of people prefer online, but it's just not for me.

After this semester, I will be half way done with my associates degree (as I type this, I am thinking, "ugh!  only half way!").  Yes, I am married with two children but lack my associates degree.  I thought my plan was smart when I graduated high school, but obviously think differently now.  So now here I am, attending class with the fresh-out-of-high-school students who gasp when they find out I'm married.  I think I may cause some to faint if they realize I have two children.  I try not to let those types of comments discourage me.  I am going to obtain a college degree, even if I'm 30 when it happens.

Until that day, nap time will be spent doing homework.  And just think, my kids may even be able to help me with mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment