Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend Wears

I hope every one's holiday weekend was warm, and sunny and just what you needed.  Ours was a lot of fun, which unfortunately ended with an all-night date with the porcelain throne.  Yeah, more about that later...or maybe not.

I didn't remember to take any photos on Friday, but let me just tell you, it was a good time.  We had a last minute overnight courtesy of Eric's parents.  We spent the evening with friends, eating at a sushi buffet (can anyone say yum!), drinking delicious coffee and playing games.

Saturday morning, Eric and I went to breakfast, where, as you may have previously read that I inadvertently confirmed my gluten sensitivity.  After breakfast, we walked to a couple of thrift stores, and worked on some projects before picking up the boys.  Having a Saturday morning/afternoon to ourselves was awesome!  After getting the kiddos, we spent a quiet evening together.  What a great day.  And to top it all off, the weather was beautiful.  Bonus!


Maxi: Target
Tank: H & M
Belt: Target


On Sundays we usually visit one of our parents, but because the holiday was on Monday, we spent it as a family.  Well, more like we spent it without either of our parents.  We grabbed brunch with Eric's brother, his girlfriend and a bunch of our friends, who we ended up going to the beach with and then watched a movie with after it got dark.  It was the boys' first beach experience, but we weren't in a position to bring a camera, so we will have to make a special trip for the boys' first beach experience captured in photos :)



Shirtdress: J Crew
Leggings: Target
Belt: Thrifted
Flats: Target


Then, there was the holiday.  Long holiday weekends always throw me off a bit, but not as much as they used to when I was working.  Although, it was a little odd having Eric home on a day he's usually at work.  We started out our day at home, visited Eric's grandparents and swam, visited my parents, stopped by a friend's BBQ, and walked downtown to watch fireworks.  It was a very busy day, but the boys were such troopers and had a blast every place we went.


Cream Tank: Forever 21
Under Tank: Target
Shorts: J Crew
Sandals: Charlotte Russe


Where our story takes a turn for the worse is when we got home after fireworks.  At 1:30am I got sick, and subsequently spent the rest of the night in the bathroom.  Yes, I even slept on the bathroom floor.  Gross.  Tuesday morning Eric was more than helpful, staying home until noon so I could rest, and then handed off the boys to his mom, who watched them the rest of the afternoon until their nap.  If I wasn't able to relax all day, I truly think that I would have stayed pretty sick.  Thank goodness for awesome husbands, and mother-in-laws, and moms (who offer to come over and help too)!

So, all in all it was definitely an eventful holiday weekend for us.  I don't think I have ever spent Fourth of July at home, or doing nothing.  It's usually a pretty busy day.  Are you pretty busy over the holiday or is the Fourth of July a day for you to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment