Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY Infinity Scarf


I'm not really one to think of a great craft or DIY on my own, so I love when I come across a quick, easy and cute idea.  Last week, I was reading my regular blogs and found this little gem.  The original tutorial is from Pink Pistachio, one of my favorite blogs (if you're not a regular reader, you should change that).

All you need is a seamless cotton t-shirt (men's m-xl work the best), a ruler and scissors.  I thrifted my t-shirts and was able to get three different colors for $4.75.  So this DIY is quick, easy and cheap!


Once you have your supplies, cut the t-shirt just under the armpit and above the bottom hem.  Make sure to save the hem, you'll need it later.


Use your ruler to make one-inch snip marks along the side of the t-shirt.  Once you have your marks, cut across the t-shirt, leaving about 1/2 to 1 inch at the end.  Once you've cut your strips, pull on them so that they roll.



Gather the t-shirt along the uncut side and use the bottom hem to tie it all together.  Trim the hem to your preferred size.


Wear and enjoy!  Thanks Missy for the great DIY!



No comments:

Post a Comment