Monday, January 9, 2012

Life Happens

Oh my goodness, time has definitely gotten away from me.  I really can hardly believe that it's already January.  With family in from California, and friends in from D.C., Tennessee, and Alabama, the month of December was definitely packed full of good times and catching up.  Eric and I had a kidless date night last weekend and we just stayed in.  It's been so long since we've had a night in to ourselves, we couldn't pass up the opportunity.  



Classes have started up again, which takes up all the my new found free time.  I'm still taking just two classes, but somehow my days are always full.  Having two super active toddlers probably doesn't help garner any extra free time.  The boys are doing great, had a super fun Christmas and are growing bigger by the hour.  Baxter had recently decided he is a bottomless pit, and will eat and eat without ever getting full.  Atticus is walking like a champ and they are both fearlessly exploring and trying new things.  Baxter has come to the conclusion that it is no longer necessary to crawl up and down stairs, he now prefers to walk.  Talk about a mild heart attack waiting to happen.  And Atticus' love of music is growing and growing.  We're starting up music and me classes in a week or so.  I'm super excited to see what happens.

And this weather, let me tell you, it's lovely.  Snow has fallen, but hasn't stuck around for more than four days.  Currently it's sunny and 40 degrees, not your typical Michigan winter by any means.  Yesterday we even took a walk to the park and played on the playground (picture above).  Although it would have been nice to have a white Christmas, I can't complain.  Our street is odd/even parking in the winter, but we haven't had to worry since the only reason the rule is there is because of plowing, which hasn't happened yet.

All in all, it's been a really great holiday season and beginning of a new year.  With two little boys becoming more independent each day, I'm looking forward to all the fun we're going to have this year (beach trips, swimming lessons, picnics, road trips, zoos visits, etc).  I loved last year, but I have to say that I am super exciting for this year and all the new things we get to try as a family.  

Two years ago there was just the two of us, last year we had two infants who were completely immobile and this year we have two energy-filled toddlers to chase.  In this new age there will be new frustrations and new challenges, but more than that there will be new adventures, new firsts and lots and lots of fun.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment