Monday, February 27, 2012

And the Oscar Goes to...

I have to admit, last night was loads of fun.  We have never had an Oscar party at Eric's office, but I think it may just be my favorite way to watch the Academy Awards.  Get 30+ film lovers in one place and you'd think you were watching the super bowl at a sports bar with all the cheering and booing going on.

And as I predicted, I didn't even come close to winning.  Honestly, my ballot is pretty embarrassing (red dot: my prediction and yellow highlight: actual winner).  
Only 7 out of 24 right.  And it seems that my complete guesses were more likely to winning than my educated ones.  It's always hard to know whether a film is going to sweep the board, even if they are predicted to.  This year the two big winners were Hugo (Martin Scorcese's kids film) and The Artist (the black and white silent film).  Each film took home 5 Oscars.

And, because I am your stereotypical girl, I loved seeing everyone all dressed up.  My friend Kelsey and I definitely spent our fair share of time talking about how much we liked/disliked certain outfits and how much we love Nina Garcia and Tim Gunn.  So in honor of those of us who love award show gowns, here are a few of my favorites.





Dang, I just need to find a reason to wear a full length ball gown.  Seriously, it's one of the things on my "to do before I die" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment