Friday, May 18, 2012

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

When I answered Eric with "no" when he asked if I'd ever seen this film, he immediately put it on our Netflix queue.  The film stars George Clooney, John Turturro and Tim Blake Nelson as a team of inmates who escape a chain gang and set out to for one last score.  Along the way, the plans changes, more than once, and they find themselves in a place where they never thought they'd be.  It's a really great story, and is loosely based on Homer's "Odyssey."  I think my favorite thing about this film is the dialogue, particularly George Clooney's.  If you watch the trailer you'll notice it immediately.



And I can't tell you what type of genre this film is considered, because it's not a western or period piece, it's kind of a comedy, but not really and it's kind of an adventure film.  Whatever the genre it falls in, it's worth seeing, at least according to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment