Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Toddler Bed-Hood

Baxter turns two years old in a couple of weeks, and I have been thinking a lot about all the things that will take place during this next year; moving, transitioning to toddler beds, potty training, etc.

In an attempt to avoid having everything happen at once, we decided to switch the boys over to toddler beds now.  So, for the last week we have been working on this whole toddler bed thing.  It's hasn't been the been easiest transition, but I know that it hasn't been the most difficult either.  Nonetheless, it has had its frustrating moments.  Just telling the boys not to get out of bed didn't work, so we are currently staying in the room until they fall asleep or are almost asleep.

My original plan was to put them in their bed, and every time they got up, put them back.  I was prepared to do this over and over until they learned not to get out.  But it looks like my boys outsmarted that system.  They get out of bed, but don't come downstairs.  Instead, they play in their room, running back to bed as I come up the stairs, preventing me from putting them back into bed.

It's only been a week, but I am really hoping that it doesn't take a lot longer.  Although now that we've started, there's no turning back.  And besides, I really don't want to be doing this while packing/moving or while I'm trying to potty train, so we will continue on and hopefully master this new step in toddlerhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment