Friday, July 27, 2012

The Dark Night Rises

Eric and I saw this film opening weekend.  Eric was super excited to see it, as was I.  Our showing was at 11:30pm.  I most definitely snuck Starbucks into the theatre so I knew I wouldn't get tired.  Not that this film could in any way make you tired.  I just wanted to be sure, and will take any reason to have some Starbucks.

This definitely is an exciting movie, and we were both surprised to see that it was three hours later when we got back to our car.  Neither of us felt like it was too long.  I personally liked Anne Hathaway in the role of Catwoman, although they never call her by that name in the film.  And Tom Hardy was incredible as Bane.  It has action, adventure, crazy gadgets, twists and a really great cast; everything that you'd hope to see in a summer blockbuster.

I thought it lived up to the Dark Knight trilogy, and there's a twist at the end that makes you wonder if there may be more.  But to be honest, it wasn't my favorite of the Dark Knight films.  


But if you're looking for a fun night out, this is definitely a movie to see.  And besides, who can resist Batman?  Pow, Smack, Bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment