Friday, August 3, 2012

The Green Mile

I have seen this movie before and loved it.  Watching it again last week, I loved it just as much or even more.  Maybe it's because since having children, I now cry at the drop of a hat.  Three times I cried in this movie, three.  But is it oh-so worth watching.  Tom Hanks is great, and he always warms your heart and Michael Clarke Duncan is amazing.  Michael Jeter is also in the film.  You probably don't know him, but you've probably seen him.  He's been in Patch Adams and one of the Jurassic Park films.  But the one character I couldn't help but think of when I saw him was Mr. Noodle on the Sesame Street segment Elmo's World.  He did an incredible job in this film, but for the first half I couldn't get his Sesame Street character out of my head.

Beyond that, this film is worth every second.  Tom Hanks is a prison guard on death row, along with several other guards.  Michael Clarke Duncan, along with Michael Jeter and Sam Rockwell are inmates that Hanks oversees.  Duncan's character, though, is more unique than any he had seen before and touched many of the guards hearts.   It's just great, worth seeing if you haven't and worth watching again if you haven't in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment