Friday, November 9, 2012

Seven Psychopaths

We were given a date night last weekend.  It had been so long since we had seen a movie, and the last one was a dud, so all I wanted was to see something good.  We didn't know much about this one, but it was getting great reviews and was written by someone we've enjoyed before so we thought it was a good choice.  Hallelujah, it was!  At least for us.  It reminded me just how much I love and have missed seeing good movies (which is obviously a relative term, and only applies to my own likes/dislikes, but makes me no less excited).

The film stars Colin Farrell, Christopher Walken, Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson.  Farrell is a screenplay writer trying to write a film titled Seven Psychopaths.  Sam Rockwell, his friend, gives him a couple of ideas and he is able to start putting it together.  Although, as he starts putting it together, those who he's writing about are real and he realizes that the people around him are, in fact, psychopaths.  This film has very dark elements at times, but then in the same scene I would find myself laughing out loud.

Honestly, this film might not be for everyone.  It is from the same writer as In Bruges, so if you liked that you're bound to like this too and if you didn't like it, well, maybe you should see someone else this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment