Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shut Up!

My brain is always going, especially when trying to make an important decision.  I think about the pros and the cons and the thousands of "what ifs" that come along with every option.  When it's an important decision I usually think about it 85% during my day (I am not exaggerating about).  Thinking about this kind of choice consumes me, I have to rationalize everything.  I always say, "I am just being logical" or "I am too logical for my own good".

And when I start talking to someone about this, my mouth goes as fast and my mind.  I am covering every option and every consequence and every possible scenario that could happen.  And this morning, I had someone wonderfully tell me to Shut Up!  and stop talking. 

This wonderful someone told me that I was being irrational.  From an outsiders perspective, I had my choice right in front of me.  Here are the definites, here are things that may or may not happen and everything else is speculative.  Here it is, here is your decision.  If you look at it with these standards, the choice is simple.

We were at Wealthy St Bakery and I could have burst in to tears then and there.  "You choose to complicate your life and choices" she said, "you create your own stress and chaos".  It was hard, but I had to hear it.  You think you have it all together and come to find out, you're your own worst enemy.

It's very scary, but I am going to do my best and take this leap of faith.  I have a wonderful husband who couldn't be more supportive and I am excited & nervous about what's next.

Stay tuned for more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment