Thursday, October 8, 2009

Something I Needed To Hear

Thank goodness for podcasts, because without them, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to hear a great sermon from last week Sunday. 

I am the type of person who has that inherent feeling that once I make the right decision, God will bless me but only if I make the right choice.  As I try to figure out what I want to do with my life, I am constantly fearful of making the wrong "decision" which usually leads me to stay where I am and make no decision.  This is a huge habit in my life and I have to make a very conscious effort to keep from choosing to play it safe and just give up on the change I am trying to make.

In listening to this podcast, I couldn't help but burst in to tears as I sat at my desk. The most powerful statement for me was "Jesus blesses us when we don't have it all together."  Its not about whether or not you make the "right" decision, its the fact that you are hungering and thirsting after Him.  He doesn't wait for us to get it together; He will join us and bless us in our tension.

It is still going to be a hard road to walk, but hearing that is so very encouraging for me.

If you want to listen, you can download the 10/04/09 podcast at http://www.marshill.org/ under Teaching + Worship.  Its a great message no matter if and where you attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment