Thursday, January 21, 2010

Paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork

Every time I think I've caught up on paperwork, more arrives.  It is great that we are making such progress, but there is no light at the end of our paperwork tunnel right now.  I need to be and am very thankful, because I know once its done, all we will do is wait.  And then, I'll be wishing I had paperwork to complete.

We sent in our corrected paperwork from earlier this week.  Hopefully there won't be any problems with these.

MLJ (our adoption agency) sent me round two.  About 30 pages detailing requirements for our home study along with everything required for our "adoption education".  Hague (the authority on international adoption law) requires that every couple have at east 10 hours of education prior to traveling.  This includes classes (in our case, phone conferences since we won't be driving to Indianapolis), an essay on our country and several electives.  I am going to be reading books and writing reports to finish our required education time.

By receiving the information form MLJ, I was able to contact our Home Study provider and start their side of the process.  We are working with a group out of Rockford and our social worker has just been marvelous.  She is always so quick to respond to my email inquiries.  And believe me, I am pretty needy when it comes to this stuff. 

I got a large info packet from her too.  This one contains a long questionnaire that includes a 2-4 page autobiography about each of us.

Needless to say, we will be spending our Sunday mornings at Panera working on what else....paperwork.  And because our home study has officially begun, we are spending our Saturdays finishing up those things we have put off until now.

Good news, I ordered blinds yesterday!  So soon we won't need our beach towel bathroom "curtain".  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment