Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Four Years & Counting


Four years ago I married the ever-so-sexy Eric Johnson.


Most of the time, when I see photos from our wedding I think, “man, I was so young.”  And then I realize, man I am STILL so young.  But I wouldn’t change a single detail of our life throughout the past four years or the choice to marry when we did.



If you asked us, we’d probably have different answers about how fast the last four years have gone.  Currently, he thinks it has been under four years whereas I feel that it’s been a lot longer.  It just depends on how you see it.  We’ve been so busy and done so much that time has gone quickly and it doesn’t seem like four years or you can say that we’ve done so much that it seems like we should have been married longer to accomplish it all.  Whether short or long, we actually have accomplished a lot and it has been an awesome four years.



We aren’t perfect.  We have our fights.  But Eric still makes me laugh, makes me cry (in good ways), is thoughtful, romantic, creative, strong, brave and causes me to be and do things that I never thought I could be or do.  He brings out the best in me.  He challenges me to be a better person.  He calls me out on things when I am being selfish or just a baby.  We better each other, despite the fact that we sometimes annoy each other.



Over the past four years we have done so much.  We had good times, bad times, easy times, and frustrating times just like anyone else.  Each day, we choose to love in spite of how we are currently feeling or the mood we are in.  We want to love each other more fully each day and to grow in love continually.  To show our children what love is.  Not only within the family but what love towards others looks like.




I am excited to see Eric as a dad.  He has his doubts and fears, but I know he is going to be incredible.  I don’t know if a man will love his children more.  We do not know when our children are coming home or even who they are and still his love for them is growing.  Even now he is protective of them, concerned about how they will grow up in a multi-racial family and emphasizing the love and support we have to provide for them.  This makes waiting in the unknown so much more difficult.



Even just this past year has been such a whirlwind.  I am curious what will be written next year and how our family dynamic is going to change will these kiddos joining the fun.  Being married to Eric is the best thing that ever happened to me and I am looking forward to the change our lives will make becoming a parent with him.



I am so thankful for the man God has given me.  I am completely undeserving of all his love and understanding.  Through his words and actions, he daily reminds me of his love for me and I can only hope to show him that same love each day.  To my love, you are my world and I am thankful for that day you asked me to be your wife and for the day we chose to live our lived together as one., four years ago.



2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary...year five proves to be an eventful one for you both! Thanks for inviting us along on the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I just was catching up on your blog and read this post. It brought me to tears. So beautiful and heartfelt. You two are an amazing couple and will make wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete