Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One Step Closer

Just this afternoon, I sent our Dossier and second payment to our agency! I was really excited to get this sent since we received our government approval last week.

And you know, writing that ever-so large check didn't even hurt. I am starting to anticipate finding out who our kids are. Thus far I have remained very level-headed and will continue except for that little spark now. According to our plans, this is the point when we will start looking for our referral. This means, we start looking for our kids!

No matter how exciting this news is, I have to remain collected. I have no idea how long it will take to find our children and must be prepared for a long wait. If it's not very long then I will be overjoyed but heartache is avoided at all costs.

In order to keep my mind busy, we are going to be spending a lot of time with our family and friends who are coming into town this weekend. Eric's sister, Hannah, is coming in from Cali. We are going to spend oodles of time with her since she's only here for a few days. And then our friends from Tennessee arrive. They will be here for about two weeks and will be staying with us for part of their trip.

Speaking of which, we are getting carpet in the attic on Friday! I will post pictures since it's pretty much finished, less outlet covers and light fixtures. Either way, progress is being made!

Well, there isn't much else to report. Looking forward to spending time with everyone and celebrating Lisa's (Eric's other sister) openhouse. If/when something is known about our kids, don't worry, I'll update right away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment