Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life Goes On

Well, there really isn't anything to report since my last post.  We're still playing the waiting game.  Hopefully we will get an update about the boys within the next few weeks.  I know our agent said they are supposed to have their doctor's appointments about 4-6 weeks after we accept them as referrals.  Then we should know a little more information (birthdays, weight, length, general medical health, etc).

Speaking of doctors, we have decided to take the boys to Eric's doctor.  I originally sent Eric to this doctor because my boss recommended him.  And it turns out that he actually treats many adopted children and participates in Doctors Without Borders every year, which takes him to different impoverished countries to treat children.  It really all just fell together really.  He told Eric that he even did a video conference with a couple who were overseas bringing their newly adopted child home.  What service!

Oh, while we're on the topic of babies, Eric and I attempted to start our registry last weekend.  I say attempted because we really don't know what we're doing and will have to make many adjustments.  I took it with me to a friend's who's little boy just turned one.  She gave me a lot of great advice and hopefully I will be able to act on it relatively soon.  My mom's family has already decided to throw me a shower the middle of September.

I am really excited but it is still really weird to think about having two little kids around the house.  It's a reality that definitely won't sink in until we're actually here living it.  No matter how much I plan and prep for it, I don't think it will ever seem normal beforehand.

Man, there may be more things to say than I originally thought.  Last week I started training my replacement.  It's so weird doing it since I have the typical mentality that two weeks later, I should be done.  But that is not the case in this situation.  Since I basically run most of the company, I will be around at least until the end of September to ensure that she has a decent understanding of the company and its many facets. 

Well, I'm off to bed.  I have work tomorrow and then the busy weekend starts which includes a bridal shower, shopping afternoon with mi madre and nursery.  Next week will be my last of school for the summer so free time will become available a couple of days each week.  Let the sewing/knitting/crafting begin!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment