Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Playing the Waiting Game

I was telling Eric the other day that I feel like our summer has been flying by.  I really can't believe it's August already.  Now, the work of throwing my mom a surprise birthday party did add to my "to do" list a little bit more than usual.  But I must say, it was definitely worth it.  We got a great reaction and she had absolutely no clue.  Ah, sweet success!

But as our season zooms on, the amount of time since finding out about the boys seems minimal.  I feel like it's been weeks and weeks and weeks when in reality it's only been two.  My goodness, only two weeks?!  As I write this, I thought it had to be at least three, but after looking at a calendar it was even shorter!  I am hoping that this altered sense of time is a good thing.  The boys have integrated into our family so well already, it seems as though they've been known forever.  Although, this does make it more difficult when I actually think about the small amount of time that has actually passed and the number of months I still have to wait before bringing them home.

I emailed our agent today about how often updates are sent about the boys.  I am hoping that I am able to get one every month at least.  The boys are very young and so much happens so quickly when they're so little.  I got an automated response letting me know she is out of the office until Friday.  Hopefully I will hear back from her then.

Well, it's Wednesday so I am half-way through the week.  I am looking forward to the weekend.  Hopefully I can get my butt in gear and find the second crib so I can start redoing them.  And an added bonus, after tomorrow I am finished with my summer biology class!  Woohoo!  I just have to make it through the final tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

I hope everyone's Wednesday is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment