Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Three Showers Down, One More to Go

This past Wednesday, I had my second shower.  So far they have been a lot of fun and I have been blessed with so much.  The amount of storage space in the boy's room is slowly and steadily decreasing.



After each shower, I try to head upstairs and organize everything into different categories, like feeding, changing, clothes, bedding, etc.  I am hoping this will make it easier for me to keep track of what I've received and know how much space I am going to need once I store everything permanently.



Since Eric and I decided to use clothe diapers as opposed to disposable, I was a little nervous about how many diapers we were actually going to need and whether or not we were going to receive enough or if we were going to have to make that big purchase out of pocket.  Thankfully, we have received almost everything we need in the diaper department.


In other baby news, I bought my second crib.  It is an Ikea crib which is normally $100-$130 for only $60.  Now that I have most of the furniture, my hope is to get them cleaned up and a fresh coat of paint on them by the end of the week.  They are already white, but I want to freshen them up because they are "new" to me.  My hope is to have one or two days of nice weather (on my days off) so I can do it outside instead of in the musty basement.  When I actually take on that project, I will make sure to take before/after photos so you can see how their room is coming along, but that's only if I get it done :)

I am hoping to post some photos from my third shower soon (which took place Sunday).

No comments:

Post a Comment