Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wednesday Night = New Food

Just before the boys arrived home, Eric and I talked about dinners at home.  Neither of us are great cooks, but since I'm staying home, I volunteered (or Eric volunteered me) to make a new dish once a week.  We chose Wednesdays because it's one of the few nights that we're all home together, and it's not over the weekend.
Since I am going to be making new foods on a regular basis, I thought it would only make sense to post the recipe in case anyone else would like it.  This is hopefully going to become a regular post each week.  It can also help to keep me accountable, and insure I make a new food.  So, without further adieu, here is the first food post.

Apricot Chicken

You can find the recipe on a great food blog called, Haute Apple Pie.  Click HERE to get this recipe and check out more.


It is very quick and easy to make, as are a lot of slow cooker recipes.  This meal only had five ingredients.


Unfortunately, I skimmed over the recipe before heading out to the grocery store.  I should have paid closer attention because the recipe calls for apricot preserves, and I picked up canned apricots.  But we just went with it.





I put the chicken on raise, and had a side of mashed sweet potatoes.  The chicken didn't have much of an apricot taste (my own fault for not actually following the recipe), but we mashed up the apricot halves in the chicken and that added a lot of flavor.


Overall, it was a very good meal.  Eric said that it wasn't his favorite of things I've made, but the chicken was sure tender.  I am going to definitely try this easy recipe again.  Only this time, I will make sure to get the proper ingredients :)

No comments:

Post a Comment