Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Kiddos

Sometimes I feel like I go quite a while without posting anything about my kids.  And then I'll post a lot.  But this is a family/kids type blog so I am going to try and do a better job.  My goal is to do one post dedicated to the boys, with photos, each week.  That will also force me to take photos on a regular basis, which is also an area I lack in sometimes.

Anyway, the boys are doing fantastic.  We are having a lot of fun, and loving the sunshine that's been making an appearance more often lately.  The other day, Eric and I went on an hour long walk with them, and they did so good!  It was such a nice change of pace.  Sometimes I think that I suffer from cabin fever more than anyone in our house.

Atticus has the desire to crawl/walk/stand, but apparently he doesn't have enough motivation.  That, or he just doesn't realize that he has control over his legs.  Up until now he just tips over, there is no movement to compensate for any shift in weight, but we're working on it.



I really need to post a video of this.  A picture just doesn't do it justice.  Baxter absolutely LOVES this little orange pillow, and will hug and squeeze it throughout the day.



I'm so proud, Baxter has been "sharing" lately.  He will extend his toy to you, let you play with it for a moment and then you give it back.  He does this with Atticus, but Atticus just wants to keep it usually.  And Atty has been making this face (below) lately.  It's just so funny.




Eric says this is his favorite way that Baxter sits. 



Oh my, the boys' favorite books are Brown Bear and the Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I get it out to ready and Baxter giggles.  If either of then are grouchy while I'm changing them, I can just start reciting the books and they calm write down.  And yes, if you are a parent, you know that it doesn't take long before you are reciting your child's favorite book from memory.



Baxter also spends a lot of time looking out our windows.  They are all very low and he has his pick at which one to look out from.  The one below is his favorite.  It faces the front of our house so he can watch cars, people walking their dogs and he gets to what dad come in from work when he gets home.




Atticus has gotten both of his bottom teeth, and has recently started entertaining himself with biting on our coffee table/ottoman.  He doesn't make any marks yet, and it's just too cute to stop.  I know I will be kicking myself later, but how can you say no to that face?




Man, life is so good.  Different than it's ever been, but awesome nonetheless. 

1 comment: