Thursday, April 28, 2011

New Food: Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

Although this isn't a new meal, making homemade spaghetti sauce was new to me.  And surprisingly, very, very easy.  As with most normal food, I can't eat it.  Those Italians, they like to put garlic in a lot of stuff, including every type of pasta sauce.  So that is why I decided to make my own sauce.

If you want to try it yourself, you can get the original recipe HERE.

2 tsp olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
2 tsp crushed garlic
28 oz can peeled and diced tomatoes
4 tsp dried basil
4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp white sugar


In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.  Saute onion, green onion, and garlic. 


When onions are clear, stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano and sugar.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.

While all that was going on, I was cooking quinoa pasta, browning ground turkey, and heating water for tea.  Yep, I had every burner running simultaneously.


After everything was finished, the only thing left to do was eat.



Not too difficult, and it tasted good.  At least I thought so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment