Friday, April 8, 2011

Packing for Children

So, I am still recovering from our trip down to Tennessee.  I'm mostly just sleep deprived.  But it was totally worth it.  The boys did such a great job.  I will expand more about our trip this weekend, but first I wanted to talk about packing for children.

Oh my goodness.  Packing for the boys was an event in and of itself.  I knew I wasn't a light packer, but Baxter and Atticus put me to shame.  As an adult, I can re-wear certain clothes throughout the trip (like jeans) because I know I won't get them dirty.  But with kids, you have to bring an actual outfit for each day and then some.

Here is a little comparison of my suitcase next to the boys'.



Mine is obviously the one on the left (which also included my blow dryer, and all health & beauty needs).  The boys' suitcase was just clothes, diapers, dry food/snacks, etc.  Our trunk was packed with a stroller, 2 pack 'n plays, a cooler full of baby food, and 2 high chairs.  We couldn't have fit anything else into our CRV.

Thank goodness we didn't have to fly.  We would have spent a small fortune just bringing everything we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment