Friday, April 22, 2011

Thrifting Treasures

On Wednesday, my mother-in-law came over and watched the boys during the day.  I took the opportunity to spend some time thrifting.  I've been wanting to thrift shop for a while now, and this week offered the perfect chance.

I started at one of my favorite spots, World Mission Thrift.  If you're local to Grand Rapids, you should definitely check it out.  They have tons of stuff and it's almost always super cheap.  From there, I went to a Goodwill, and then the Salvation Army.  My stop of Goodwill was the only unsuccessful endeavor. 

But for only having success two places, I think I did quite well.




I purchased three skirts, two that I am going to hem and one that I am going to wear as a top.  I also got three belts, a pair of shoes and a men's button up shirt that I will hopefully alter to my size.




And I even found a shirt for Eric!  Hopefully it fits and he likes it.  If not, I'll just take it in and wear it myself :)  Oh, and I found  a pair of jeans, two pairs of shorts and two shirts for the boys; all for $5.  I love thrifting!

My goal is to alter all of the my items, including a couple I have been putting off too.  Once I have done that, I am going to have a picture-heavy post of how everything turned out.  But first, I am going to have to dust off the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment