Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Wears

I absolutely love reading outfit blog posts.  Actually, who I am I kidding, I love reading blogs in general.  But that's beside the point.  Outfit posts.  I love reading them, and I like doing them (as long as I can take a photo I am happy with).  Which leads me to this post, an outfit post.  Well, more like a weekend of outfits post. 

On Friday, Eric was out of town, but I had to run some errands.  When I actually get out and about, I like to wear something nicer/cuter than if I were home all day.  This outfit was a blend of both.  Comfy jeans, a flowy top, perfect for taking care of the boys, but cute enough to wear out without feeling like a scrub.  And I even managed to wear one of the belts I found thrifting.



Cardigan: Madewell
Top: Forever 21
Jeans: H & M
Belt/Shoes: Thrifted

On Saturday we had an Easter event with my extended family.  It was a lot of fun and the day turned out nice.  Because of the boys' sleeping scheduled, we were not there for the egg hunt, but I wasn't too worried because Baxter and Atticus are still too little to participate. 

I was super excited about this outfit.  The top is one of my recent thrift store finds.  It's actually a skirt, and I just pulled it up and belted it.  The best part is, the skirt has pocket, so if I ever need to hide anything, I can put it by my armpit ;)



Cardigan: Target
Top: Thrifted
Jeggings: Target
Belt: Target
Shoes: Target

On Sunday I went for casual.  We stayed up really late the night before, and so all I wanted was to be able  rest and relax.  We had dinner with Eric's family, but it was pretty low key, so I wasn't under-dressed or anything.

Man, I was really into my recent thrift finds this weekend.  This was the men's shirt that I took in so that it fit.  I think it turned out pretty good.  When I get new clothes, I am always SUPER eager to wear them.  I've been like this since I was little.  And I always made sure to wear what I liked best on a day where a lot of people would see it.  Do you ever do that, or am I just a bit crazy?



Top: Thrifted
Belt: Target
Jeans: Nordstrom Rack
Shoes: Thrifted
All in all it was a nice weekend.  I wish the weather would have been a little bit better, but we're getting there slowly but surely. 

What did you do this weekend?  Lots of running and family events or was your weekend low key and relaxing?

No comments:

Post a Comment