Friday, May 6, 2011

School, Summer Style


This week I started my summer class, developmental psychology.  It seemed like an interesting class, so I signed up.  My goal is to take at least one class each semester.  This time around I'm only taking one because at my school, summer classes are accelerated.  So that means I am doing 15 weeks of work in 7 weeks.  And then, after the next 7 weeks, I start up another class.  So all in all I am taking two classes over the summer, just at separate times. 

Before this class started, I received an email from my prof with the syllabus and course outline.  Man oh man is there a lot of work for this class.  Each week I am required to take a test, read several textbook chapters, post on a discussion board several times and write a 3-4 page paper.  Now, this may not seem like a lot, but compared to my other community college classes, this is quite a lot.  As is typical with my personality, I freaked out before the class even started. 

So far, I have been able to manage the work, but my first paper seems pretty easy to write.  I will just have to wait and see as the semester goes.  The only good part is that after this week, I only have six more to go. 

I am going to do my best to keep up with everything around the house, and try to squeeze out what social life I have left after having kids.  I guess this is what you get when you want to have a degree before you're thirty.  Ah c'est le vie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment