Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Food: Turkey Chili Taco Soup

Oh my goodness, this recipe was so good.  I made it yesterday, which happened to be the warmest day in quite a while.  Oh well, it didn't make it any less good because it was soup on a warm day.  Eric and I went to the greenhouse with the boys, and we didn't get back til pretty late, so dinner wasn't finished until ten.  But it was so worth the wait. 

Well, what I am waiting for then?!  Here's the recipe.  As always, you can find the original HERE.


1.3 lbs lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
10 oz. can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
15 oz. canned or frozen corn, drained
15 oz. kidney beans, drained
8 oz. tomato sauce
16 oz. refried beans
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 1/2 cups of chicken broth

I ended up using venison instead of turkey, I withheld the taco seasoning (because, of course, I can't eat it), and added a can of black beans.




In a large pot, brown turkey on medium heat, breaking up with wooden spoon as it cooks.


When cooked through, add onions and pepper.  Cook 2-3 minutes.


Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, taco seasoning, and chicken broth.  Bring to a boil, and simmer 10-15 minutes.



You can serve with cheese, sour cream, chips or anything you're particularly in the mood for.

And let me just warn you, it makes a ton!  Eric and I had our fair share and I still have four leftover containers full.  I will be eating delicious lunches for the rest of the week.  I love leftovers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment