Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week of Milestones

Last week was filled with milestones.  I feel like we have been waiting and waiting for certain things to happen and now it seems like a domino effect.  Everything is happened at the same time.

We also had an exciting, non-milestone, this week.  I received the boys' certificates of citizenship in the mail.  Now, they are officially citizens on the United States.  All I have to do is make a stop at the social security office to change their standing and we're done with government paperwork.  Oh happy day!  I say government paperwork because we won't be completely done with paperwork until after their first year home.  But now I don't have to worry about them ever being deported.


Then, we have Baxter.  He had two accomplishments last week.  The first came on Monday, when he took his first independent steps.  We were downstairs visiting the daycare, so I wasn't able to capture the absolute first time, but here is a video taken within a week of his newly discovered talent.


Baxter Walking from Teresa Johnson on Vimeo.

His second accomplishment is a little less exciting, but we are still glad nonetheless.  It's been a long time coming, but he finally has a tooth.  It's hard to see in the picture below (dang camera phone), but now that he has one, there are already 2 more on the way.


Atticus technically only achieved one milestone last week, but had another tooth come in.  That makes three and counting.  This one was his first on top.  It's so much wider than his bottom teeth.  I'm interested to see what it looks like once it's fully in.  The second top tooth is shortly behind.  So far, teeth are the only thing he's gotten/done before Baxter.  It's crazy how big of a difference 8 weeks can make when you're under one.


Atticus' real achievement last week was "crawling."  I use the word crawling lightly because it's more of a scoot/army crawl.  And he is very selective with when he will preform this great feat.  Although, I was able to capture it the other day.  It's just a little scoot, but movement nonetheless.  We are celebrating the small victories.


Untitled from Teresa Johnson on Vimeo.

Man, it will be crazy in a couple of months when they are both toddling around, with teeth and whatever other skills they develop.  One thing I am super excited for is their speech.  I just want to know what they sound like.  I have ideas in my head, but I figure it won't be anything like I imagine.  But I the same time, I can wait.  I like them at this stage.  And once they start talking, that's when the ability to talk back can rear it's ugly head, and that's something that I'm okay with waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment