Saturday, June 18, 2011

Date Night, and Feeling Like a Grown Up

Last night, the boys stayed the night at my parents for the first time.  They are such little champs.  It's wonderful that they do so well, and we're even able to have overnights to ourselves.  Eric and I grabbed a quick dinner at one of my favorite little restaurants.  It's not always available, but the owner has created a gluten free and yeast free bread.  Well, last night they had some and I got to enjoy a whole sandwich.  It's definitely something you don't think about until you're not allowed to eat it for months.  I savored every bite.

After dinner, we went to go see Super 8.  When we got their, the showing we wanted was sold out.  Thankfully, a Starbucks was in the same parking lot so we bought tickets for the next show and killed time there.


After the movie, we met up with Eric's sister Hannah, who's in town for the weekend.  I told Eric when we got there, that I felt like such a grown up going out after a movie.  Even before kids, we didn't do that kind of stuff very often, but haven't come close since the boys came home.  We usually relish our sleep, but not last night.  We were out pretty late, and today we had to get up before we would have liked to.  Needless to say, I'm tired.  But we had a lot of fun.










Although, I don't think I could do this every weekend.  I just love my sleep too much, and I don't like energy drinks, which seems like a necessity when you get very little sleep.  I guess I'm just not cut out to be a perpetual night owl.  I'll just stick with my random occurrences.  I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the hair. And that you are writing blog goals! Also, when I read that you were going to see Super 8, I kind of read it that you went to a Super 8… as in the motel… I was worried for a few seconds there before I reread it. :)

    ReplyDelete