Friday, July 22, 2011

Heat Wave


Now, I will preface this by saying that I know it's a lot hotter in other places right now.  It's just that this temperature is wicked hot for Michigan.  I can't remember the last season it has been this hot.  And apparently we're just getting started.  I know I shouldn't be complaining, but it's the polar opposite extreme to winter.  Both heat and snow force you indoors, it's just that we have sunshine instead of gloom right now.

But can I just say that you can layer more and more clothing to help stay warm, but you can only take so much off?  We don't have central AC, so we try and use a couple of window units to cool the whole house.  We are able to make it a lot cooler than it is outside, yet I still sweat in shorts and a tank top.  I really can't imagine having to be outdoors.  Lord help those who work landscape, construction, roofing or any other job that requires you to be outside.

I must find some way to come to terms with my state's seasons.  I don't think my utopia exists, so moving away doesn't really solve my problem.  The worst part?  In six months, you'll probably be telling me to shut up about how I wish for warm weather.  When I get to that point, would you be so kind as to remind me of this post?  I honestly think I should print out these recent weather forecasts to avoid complaining about the cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment