Friday, August 12, 2011

Birthday Date

I don't like to make a big fuss about my birthday.  I love celebrating for other peoples' birthdays and I definitely want my kids' birthdays to be a big deal, I just don't make a big deal about my own.  Well, yesterday was my birthday (I turned 24), and we kept it pretty low key.  I spent the day with my kiddos and then was taken out on a date by my mister.

Because we reside in Michigan, where warm weather is fleeting, we took advantage and spent the evening in our local beach town.  We got dinner on the deck of a restaurant right along the channel, took a walk down the boardwalk to the pier and ended the night with a celebratory coffee (he knows me so well!).










Some may think that this isn't how you celebrate a birthday, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.  An evening spent just enjoying the beautiful weather with the guy I love is the perfect way to spend a birthday, no matter what you do.

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday! looks like a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @chantilly
    Thanks, it definitely was a lovely night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!!! it's nice to share a special moment with the kiddos in tow.

    ReplyDelete