Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Toddlers & Their Food


I don't know about your kids (or if you even have any), but mine can eat, and eat, and eat, and eat.  No really, they easily out-eat their buddy who's over two years old.  It's not a new thing, ever since they came home, I have been continually astonished at how much they can consume.  I think I can count on one hand the number of times they've stopped eating because they got full.  I most often just stop giving them food, and end the meal before either of them get sick.


For example, this morning they split three bananas and more than an adult serving of oatmeal, just for breakfast.  Then there's lunch, a snack and dinner.  I probably could be more concerned, but at every one of their doctors appointments, both are in the 50th percentile or under for weight (yes, even Atticus).  So I know that I am not making them overweight by feeding them like I do, it just seems like so much.

Their next doctors visit is in a couple of weeks, and I am going to address it, if I remember to.  I just don't want to go to the other extreme and starve them either.  I was joking the other night about having to set up a fund, like a college fund, for groceries while they're in high school.  It was a good joke, but I was kind of serious.

Do you have kiddos?  And if you do, do they eat a lot?  All the time or do they go in spurts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment