Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reminding Myself to be Thankful


One of my favorite bloggers, Danielle from Sometimes Sweet, posted a list of things she is thankful for and I thought it was really appropriate for me right now too.  There are times when I let frustration get the best of me and lose sight of what really should matter.  So here is a list of things that I am thankful for, to help when time-outs are often, babies are fussy or my mood needs a little pick-me-up.

-having two handsome and healthy boys who call me momma
-how much Atticus still loves to cuddle with me
-having that special touch that mommas have with their kiddos
-cuddling in the morning with my mister
-breakfast dates with my best girlfriends
-holding my honorary nephews
-being able to stay home with my boys, without major financial pressures
-the cooler weather, and the clothes that come with it
-long walks with my kiddos
-nights spent home playing a game or watching a movie
-parents and in-laws who watch our boys so we can time as a couple
-Baxter's love of giving hugs and kisses

Do you need to be reminded of goods things in your life?  I know that it's necessary every so often to remind myself.  Sometimes I can get to caught up in thinking about the things I don't have that I miss all of the special things I already have.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Tere! I also love reading Sometimes Sweet as well! You girls are inspirational. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cindy Marfia
    Awe Cindy, that's so nice of you to say. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete