Friday, September 9, 2011

Breaking Bad is Freaking Good


Eric and I don't watch television like the average person.  We have this crazy setup because our tv doesn't seem to want to pick up any channels, even NBC, CBS or ABC.  Basically, we watch television from online, only it's a lot more elaborate than huddling around a computer monitor.  But that's beside the point.


What we watch via our crazy setup is pretty much the best show ever, and that's what I want to tell you about.  Breaking Bad.  When Eric first wanted to start this show, I was pretty skeptical since it stars Malcolm in the Middle's dad, Brian Cranston.  But oh my Lord, I will never look at him the same way again and will probably watch everything that he's in from now on.  Brian Cranston's, along with his costar Aaron Paul's characters are a very unexpected duo yet have great chemistry.  Both actors do an incredible job.  Brian Crantson has won the Prime Time Emmy for Lead Actor in a Drama the last three years and Aaron Paul won an Emmy for supporting actor last year.


Without ruining anything, Brian Cranston's character is a high school science teacher who finds out he has cancer and starts cooking meth to pay for his bills, only no one knows he's doing it.  At least, this is how it all begins and grows and becomes more complicated from there.

(All pictures are from here)


We are totally hooked, which is probably an understatement really.  I am always disappointed when the episode ends because I could watch it for hours upon end if it was possible.  I know this show isn't for everyone, but if you think it sounds at all interesting, give it a try.  I promise you'll become so immersed in the story and characters that you won't want to stop watching it.  I mean, it's on AMC which says something, they don't make bad shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment