Friday, September 23, 2011

Dreaming of Halloween Costumes

Did you trick or treat growing up and do you take your kids?  This year is the boys first Halloween, and I am trying to figure out what we're going to do.  Nonetheless, I want to make the boys a costume, because even after Halloween is done, costumes are great for playing dress up.

My girlfriend has a two year old little boy and I think we are going to dress them all up as the Wonder Pets.  If you do not have small children or are around small children often, you probably won't know what I'm talking about, which is fine because that also means you don't have childrens' songs stuck in your head all the time.

Anyway, back to costumes.  The Wonder Pets are three school pets who go around saving baby animals in trouble.  My friend and I figure that is we can make capes and find hats appropriate for each character, we're golden.  I think it's a perfect costume for our boys age.  And besides, now we have an excuse for a craft day. 


Do/Did you dress your little kids up?  Do you make the costumes, borrow or buy them?  My goal is to make my kids' costumes every year until they want to make on their own or pay for them themselves, whichever comes first.

2 comments:

  1. We dress the kids in a theme. One year it was Popeye and Co., last year was the Toy story crew (with cousins) this year will be Scooby Doo. I LOVE Halloween and will be soooo sad when they want to chose themselves.
    Yes, I make them, its part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts
    I love having an excuse to be crafty, even if it's not for me. Hopefully, my kids will also like to make their costumes as they get older, and I will be able to "help" :)

    ReplyDelete