Friday, September 16, 2011

Thankful to be Here


I've always wanted to move away, to a distant city in another state.  Preferably a big city.  Even in high school, I thought I wanted to move to another state, where I didn't know anyone, and create a life of my own.  But now, being a mom, I couldn't be more thankful to have our families so close.  I know that everything would be fine if we lived away, or if we ever have to move away, but I also know that there are a lot more challenges.  Both my mother and my mother-in-law are head over heels for my boys and are always wanting to spend time with them, which I love, and they are always offering to help me with anything and everything.  I really don't know what I'd do without them, they are both amazing.  Writing this post would even be more difficult if I didn't have every Wednesday afternoon to myself, thanks to my mother-in-law.

I can't lie, I still think about moving sometimes, mostly because it sounds like such an adventure, but now having kids, my roots are even more grounded here.  I couldn't imagine growing up barely knowing my grandparents and not seeing my cousins, one who was and is still my very best friend.  So despite my occasional itch for adventure, I am truly thankful to be right here, in the middle of our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment