Thursday, May 10, 2012

Currently Reading


So I'm not even finished with the series, but feel like I need to at least say something about these books.  One of my favorite bloggers, Danielle over at Sometimes Sweet, has talked about this series on several occasions, but I have only now begun to read them.  It took me just over a week to read the first book, but only two days to read the second.  I have a feeling that it won't take much longer than two days to finish the third.  When I get it.  I'm cheap, and don't generally read books over again, so I am borrowing them from the library.

And it turns out I'm not the only one late to jump on this Hunger Games bandwagon.  There are 60+ other people waiting for the book too.  Thankfully, we're not all waiting on one book.  Our library system have over 70 copies, it's just waiting for all of them to be returned.

I am really on the edge of my seat and can't wait to find out how it all turns out!  I love books like this, hence why I loved the Harry Potter series so much too.  It doesn't take me long to get totally absorbed into the story and begin to know the characters.  Well, know them as well as you can know a fictional character, which for me is pretty well.  Either way, I've been sucked in and am eagerly anticipating being able to finish it.

I had originally planned to read them during our trip to Miami at the end of the month, but it looks like I'm going to have to find something else.  Since being in school, I haven't had or made much time to read.  It always seemed like I needed to read a textbook for school.  But boy have I realized how much I missed it.  I love to read and can hopefully get a few more books under my belt before the end of summer when the mountains of textbook reading begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment