Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The House: One Week Down

Just over a week ago, we closed on a new house and just over a week ago, the work started that is to transform a great house into the perfect house for us.  I visited late last week and couldn't believe how much has already been accomplished.

This is the kitchen when we bought the house, but we are moving it into another room and making it bigger.  And this room will become a sun room/den, and will include a new hallway.

BEFORE


AFTER ONE WEEK


Some of the house has been redone by the previous owners.  Unfortunately, the cabinets in the pantry didn't match the kind we are going to use and Eric was really hoping to open up this area a little more.  He got more than just a little.

BEFORE


AFTER ONE WEEK


And finally, the difference a week has made to our foyer.  We originally thought we'd just get a hallway put in, but it turns out that we can lose the entire wall.  Eric and I absolutely love open floor plans.  This house was very open, so we are creating a hybrid between a more modern layout in an old house.  It's going to be awesome, I just know it.

BEFORE


AFTER ONE WEEK


Another exciting piece of news about the house.  It looks like we may have overestimated the cost of some things and will be able to use those funds to hire someone to paint the house!  I know I seem like a baby, but there is a lot to paint in this house, and I found myself having minor panic attacks every time I thought about it.

Whether I paint or hire someone, I almost have my colors picked out.  Once I do, I'll make sure to share them.  It's pretty crazy, I may be moving in two months.  It still hasn't sunk in, but it's starting too and I am getting pretty excited!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh!! This is so exciting! Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you guys do with it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see more pics! The house looks really fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete