Friday, June 29, 2012

Prometheus

On Eric's birthday, we went to the theatre.  It had been a long time and there were several movies that we wanted to see, but Eric chose this one, Prometheus.  It's a sci-fi film that takes place almost a century in the future.  Archaeologists lead a mission to a moon, light years outside of our solar system, where they believe the beings who created humans exist.  I cannot explain much more, since I don't want to give anything away, but there are many twists and turns throughout the film.

Eric liked it a lot.  I, on the other hand, couldn't see beyond some of the disconnects that the writer & director either wanted you to just accept or will explain in subsequent films.  I am usually able to watch movies and see beyond some story flaws, but this time there seemed like a few too many.  After seeing the film, I talked to a number of other people about it and most of them are confident that it will all be explained.  And most of them really loved the film too.  So it looks like I might be the one who just doesn't get it.

I might just be a little too detail oriented or analytical to truly enjoy the film.  But that won't stop me from seeing more, I'll just have to learn how to not talk about them incessantly afterwards.  Eric just likes to enjoy the film, and I love picking it apart.  It's not always the best combination, but he loves me enough to let me rant ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment