Friday, July 20, 2012

Caddy Shack

I'll be the first to admit it, I don't always understand 80s movies and this is one of them.  It's a classic and fun to watch, but sometimes I just scratch my head when it's over.  Like, why was Michael O'Keefe cast as the cute lead?  I know the lead isn't always best filled by a hunk of burning love, but he didn't seem like the guy who would have been getting girls right and left.  Also, when a girl says that she's pregnant, and the guy offers to marry her, don't you think he'd ask questions if her response was "it may not be yours?"  Like, I didn't know you were with anyone else.  But apparently it wasn't a big deal in 1980.

We watched this film with a bunch of friends and had a great time.  That doesn't automatically mean that I was in love with the film.  But then again, I don't think I'm in love with many films from the 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment