Friday, August 24, 2012

Ruby Sparks

This past weekend, Eric and I went on a date for my birthday.  We spent the afternoon antiquing for our new house, had a delicious dinner at a local restaurant downtown, and saw a movie.  We didn't know much about it, but it was getting good reviews online and it seemed like a cute storyline.  And it was!

It was a perfect date night movie.  Funny, romantic and dramatic, so most girls will like it, but it wasn't too chick-flicky, so a guy should like it too.  Eric did.

The story is about a lonely, young writer who is struggling with writers block until he has a dream about a pretty girl.  He becomes obsessed with writing about her and can't stop. One day he wakes up and finds a strange woman in his house, claiming to be his girlfriend with the same name as the girl he's been writing about.  Is she real?  Can other people see her?  Apparently so, but how can it be?  It's a cute and quirky story about true love.  I think you'll like it.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a cute story. Is there any sexual scenes though? Just curious because I'm not too keen on those (and my husband will not even bother seeing movies with them in it, while I tend to skip over the scene).
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film is rated R, but there really aren't any sex scenes. Some things are implied and they are sometimes in their underwear but for the most part, it's pretty clean in that department. Or at least I think so, but I know everyone is different when it comes to what you're comfortable with.

      Here is an article I found about it so, if you'd like to see for yourself. http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/07/ruby-sparks-interview-sex-scenes

      Delete