Friday, August 31, 2012

The Fifth Element

Talk about a streak of 80s and early 90s scifi flicks, geez.  I can't shift all blame for this.  Although I may not have suggested any of these films, I didn't make any suggestions to watch anything to the contrary.  So you have my deepest apologies if you're not a fan of these films.

This is another Bruce Willis classic, but this time, there are aliens who are coming to destroy the world, one monk who knows what to do, and a fifth element that turns out to be a half-clothed female, who Bruce Willis just happens to fall in love with.  Really, that's about it.  These types of movies generally don't have a lot of depth to their storyline, although they had sweet effects, which now looks pretty awful.

It sounds like I didn't like the film, but I did.  I liked it for what it is, it might be I had just had enough of that genre for now.  Hopefully moving on to something else next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment