Saturday, October 13, 2012

Friends with Kids


I know a lot of people say it, that it's really nice when your friends have kids around the same time as you, and as I've discovered about many things in parenting, what they say is true.  Not only is it great to have friends with kids, it's even better to have friends who are also stay at home moms.  I absolutely love the time we get to spend together during the day, the time our kids get to spend playing with other kids, and ability to have fun outings that get both me and the boys out of the house.

I have a feeling that I'd go a little stir crazy if I didn't have other adults to talk with throughout the day (besides the cashier at Target or the barista at Starbucks).  I know that I am very fortunate to be a stay at home mom and I am thankful for it, but honestly, that doesn't mean spending all of your time talking with toddlers is easy or mentally stimulating.

Besides, who doesn't love a little extra time with friends during the week or a reason to pick up Starbucks?

1 comment: