Friday, March 8, 2013

Adventures in Potty Training 2.0


2.0 represents the fact that this is the second time I've attempted to potty train the same toddler and that this time around, I'm potty training both boys simultaneously.  Last summer Baxter showed a real interest in the potty, despite being barely two years old.  I figured he was telling me he was ready and we went for it.  That turned out to be a bad idea.  I ended up giving in and putting him back in diapers.

It was hard, but looking back now, it was a good decision.  This time around with him has been pretty much a breeze.  He holds it for quite a while and will either tell me or just go on his own.  Atticus on the other hand has been a little more difficult.  Everything started out great, but as of late he has been struggling with accidents.  We are powering through but it does discourage me from leaving the house very often.

All in all it wasn't as horrifying or traumatizing as I had anticipated (for myself).  And although cleaning up puddles of pee isn't my most favorite thing, its nice to practically lose the diaper bag all together.  Now, it's just getting them to stay dry while sleeping.  But I'll take my small victory as I move on to the next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment