Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Return

It's been such a long time since I've last hit the publish button here, and a lot has happened between then and now.  Life got crazy, as it oftentimes does, and posting here fell far down the priority list.  And even though there were times in the last year and a half that I felt the urge to share, it was such a non-habit that it almost seemed futile.

Apparently it seemed a little less futile at this moment and the urge to write has taken over; so here we are.  But where to start?  An enormous amount has happened and it seems quite overwhelming to try and fit it all here in a few paragraphs.

But to summarize:  Baxter and Atticus are now 4 1/2 yrs old, in preschool and are now small men.  In July 2013 I found out I was pregnant and now have a home-grown son who's almost 1 yr old.  His name is Ezra.  I am still a part time student at a local university.  I am still at home with my kids most days and my husband is busy with his film production company.  On most days, my life consists of going to the gym, either going to school or doing homework, attempting to clean some portion of my house, making lots of meals (both regular and ones that involve baby food), doing at least a load of laundry, overseeing either ballet or violin practice, changing multiple diapers, trying to spend even a short amount of time communicating with my husband (most often during breaks in the wrestling match taking place in our living room) and making an effort at a social life.  I think if I had to create a title for what I do, or what most stay-at-home moms do, it would be "curator of a household," which I feel is pretty fitting and accurately depicts how I spend most of my time.

Hi, my name is Teresa.  I'm a curator of a household. It's nice to re-meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment